WARNING: THE MUSIC IS REALLY CRAPPY! PLEASE LOWER YOUR DEVICE'S VOLUME
I am not associated with Team Cherry, I am just a fan and an indie GB Studio Developer.
Hollow Knight is a property of Team Cherry.
This is a free unofficial fan project and a LOVE LETTER to the eternal masterpiece, Hollow Knight. Please support Team Cherry and their official titles.
- Played on GB Hardware/Web browsers
- There are no Nail Pogo and Upwards Nail Swing mechanics in this game [I'm sorry, I do not know how to script such a mechanic in the current build (beta2) of GB Studio Engine]
- Pixel art in the style of most MS-DOS games
- Music is loud and crappy/there is no SFX yet [I'm a pixel artist so I don't have the knowledge to make great music for this.]
- No Geos [Currency] to collect or spend
- No Charms/Nail Upgrades [Equip-able Power-Ups]
- Only the early beta build is recreated to fit in a Game Boy screen
- Enemy Goams are changed to an original bug named Weelms [Due to actor size limitations, this is inevitable]
- Enemy Husk Guards are smaller [Due to actor size limitations and max frame limits, this is also inevitable]
- Boss before the Ancestral Mound is replaced [Yes, this is due to actor size limitations too]
- Enemy Elder Baldur is only an obstacle and if the player doesn't have enough soul to use Vengeful Spirit an original soul totem-like bug called Soul Seeds will be near their area
- Soul meter [Soul Vessel] and Health [Masks] are limited [This is due to frame limitations and to simulate the illusion of a harder game]
- Bosses Brooding Mawlek, Vengefly King and Gruz Mother have limited attack patterns and a remade [demade lol] Health pools
- Option to disable music. Just interact with the "King's Idol" near ElderBug and boom! The annoying music is gone!
Get the GB Rom files at https://elvies.itch.io/hollowknightdemake